If you have been associated with Discover bank for a while now, you probably might have heard of their credit card services. As a Discover bank user, you may have thought to go for one of their credit card services and see how well it goes. We all know that having a credit card has its benefits, but are the credit cards offered by Discover worth it? If yes, then how? How does it work? What are the perks, limitations, and rewards that come with these cards? We will answer all these questions in this article.
Discover Card Login
What is Discover Credit Card?
Every time you think of credit cards, a variety of cards from popular banks cross your mind. With the rise of many financial corporations, we have a variety of credit cards to choose from. Every major credit card has its perks which anyone can avail themselves of once they sign up for it. Just like all other major credit card issuers, Discover card is one such credit card that brings many benefits to the users along with a few exclusive perks which are solely meant for the users of this card.
Discover(www.discover.com)card is one of the most widely used credit cards, which has now taken the position of the 3rd largest credit card bank in the United States. This card is well known for the exceptional reward programs that it offers. Additionally, it also has a low fee structure, which makes it one of the most recognized credit brands alongside major credit card issuers.
So, What Makes Discover Any Different?
According to the customers, the Discover credit card may seem like the usual credit card which is similar to the ones offered by top brands, but there’s more to it. How you may ask? Well, top credit card issuers such as Visa license their credit cards to different banks(also called issuing banks). These providing banks offer Visa credit cards to customers on their behalf. Discover, on the other hand, issues its credit cards directly to the customers. Due to this reason, Discover earns direct profit from customers in the form of interest.
Before we jump more into detail about how the card works and what are the benefits that you can make use of, we need to create an account.
Prerequisites Before Filling a Credit Card Application
Before you are on your way to filling out an application for any credit card, you need to ensure that you are doing everything in the right order. Applying for a Discover credit card is an easy process once you get to know the prerequisites.
- Credit Score: Before you apply for any potential credit card, you need to know your credit score. Your credit score depends on a lot of factors such as credit history, the amount of money you own to the lenders, the length of the credit history, types of credit accounts.
- Credit Report: Always keep track of your credit card reports. You should always keep checking your credit report which include all the information about your credit history.
- Debts: If you have any pending debts, make sure that pay them off on time. As most of the credit score depends on the credit history, you should pay off your debts to any lenders as soon as possible.
- Get Approved: Before you apply for any credit card, you need to get approved. Approval is a process through which the credit card companies can make a firm decision if you are able to pay off your debts on time or not. Your credit card application can easily get rejected if you are not approved.
Discover Card Login and Application
Now that you have a brief idea of all the credit cards that Discover provides, select the card of your choice and start making the application. But before you start applying, you need the following information at hand:
- Full name
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Current Address
- Email ID
- Personal and professional information
Send Discover Credit Card Login Application
The first step is to send an application. To do this, follow the steps given below:
- Go to the official Discover Card Login portal given here – https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/?ICMPGN=PUB_MIDNAV_CREDIT_CARDS
- Click on the credit card that you want to sign up for
- Click on Apply Now
- On a new page, enter the Zip Code, Last 4 digits of the SSN and the DOB
- Click on Continue
- Once the page reloads, select the type of card design
- Enter your personal and professional information and agree to all the disclosures
- Finally, click on Submit to submit the application
Once your application is submitted, you may receive either of the following three responses:
- If your application gets accepted, you will have access to the credit card you applied for.
- Your application may get rejected
- You will receive a message that says the application will take some time to be reviewed
Discover Credit Card Registration
- To register the Discover credit card online, go to the Discover Card Login Page – https://portal.discover.com/customersvcs/universalLogin/ac_main
- Click on Register your account
- Enter the Card number, Expiration date, Last 4 digits of SSN, DOB, Primary Card member information
- Click on Continue to complete the registration
Activate Credit Card
- To activate the credit card, go to the Credit Card page – https://portal.discover.com/customersvcs/universalLogin/ac_main
- Click on Activate Credit Card
- Enter the DOB, last 4 digits of the SSN, Card Number, Expiration date and the 3-digit sequence ID
- Press Continue to Activate
Discover Card Login
- To login, click on the Discover Card Login page – https://portal.discover.com/customersvcs/universalLogin/ac_main
- Enter the User ID and the Password
- Click on Log in
Forgot Discover Card Password
- To reset the Discover Card login password, click on the link – https://portal.discover.com/customersvcs/universalLogin/ac_main
- Click Forgot Password
- Enter the card number, SSN, DOB and the Card’s expiration date
- Press Continue
- Follow the instruction to reset the password for your account and save the changes
Discover Card for Payments
- For making any payments online, you need to click on Discover Card Login for Payments – https://www.discover.com/
- Enter the User ID, Password and the Credit Card information
- Tap on Login to make the payments
Discover Card Login: Track and Manage Account Information
After logging into your account, you can manage the following activities:
Close a Discover Card Login Account:
To close the Discover card account, you need to call on 1-800-347-2683. Remember that you cannot close your account temporarily, but you can deactivate the account for a limited time. Also, you will not be charged for closing the account.
Request a New Card Design:
You have the freedom to request a new card design. Only the card design will change, and all the card information will remain the same. To deactivate the card, you need to call customer support on 1-800-347-2683.
Update Any Information in Your Discover Card Login Account:
You can update any information on your account by logging in> Account Settings> Profile> Edit Profile and Settings> Change ID/Password> save
Activate New Card
To activate your new card, you can follow the procedure given above. The activation can be done either online or by calling customer service.
To make the most of your Discover account, download the mobile app, which is available for all the major platforms. By using the mobile app, you can get access to all the features with just a little swipe. Maintain your transaction and manage activity on your account irrespective of the location and time using the mobile app. The benefits that are associated with the mobile account are:
- Faster access to account using the Touch ID or a 4-digit passcode
- Set up alerts and notifications
- Track and manage your Discover card login account online
What Else Can You Do With the App?
By simply downloading the mobile app, you can have quick access to all the features that save a lot of time and effort. You can track and manage your account activity in the following ways:
You can make changes to your account information, such as changing passwords or ID. In addition to this, you can check balances, view statements, and also check your rewards. Track all the recent activity in the Recent Activity section. Here you can view transactions, purchases, payments, etc.
In the Payments sections, you can view all the recent and previous payments that you have done. You can view the bank accounts that are associated with your account, change payment dates, view all the automatic payments, etc.
Mange the Rewards
Another interesting feature that you can access with the mobile app is the rewards. You can check the cashback rewards, refer Discover to a friend for rewards, and also redeem the cashback bonuses for gift cards, statement credits, etc.
Manage Credit Cards
You can manage credit card services such as requesting a new credit card design, adding an authorized user to your account. Additionally, link your credit card to Amazon, PayPal, or Apple Pay.
Discover Credit Cards
Discover has a wide range of credit cards that you can apply for based on your needs. Remember that every credit card has a few rules that you must adhere to. Discover lets you have a maximum of 2 credit cards. Before applying for a second credit card, your first account must be opened for almost a year. Also, remember that you can have only one student credit card.
Discover does not offer an annual fee on its credit cards. The foreign transactional fee is also not applied to the cards. This is why more people are going for the credit cards offered by this bank as you can easily earn rewards. You also earn rewards if you spend a certain amount during the first 12 months of card activation. The popular Credit Cards that you can apply for are:
Discover It Cash Back Review
The majority of credit cards that Discover has cash back cards. The Discover Cashback card is the most popularly used credit card among all the other credit cards owned by Discover. By using the cashback cards, you receive cashback rewards. The best thing about all the credit cards that Discover offers is the no-annual fee and no foreign transactional fee. The process of earning these rewards depends on the type of cashback card that you use.
Discover it Cashback credit card is different from major cashback credit cards, as the bonus categories keep changing on a rotating basis every quarter(every 3 months). To achieve the cashback bonuses, you need to activate the categories every three months. You can gain a 5% cashback for spending an amount of $1500 on purchases for every quarter. It is a straightforward reward program through which you can redeem your reward as a deposit, like a gift card, on purchases made through Amazon or PayPal. The cashback credit cards provide rewards that you can redeem through the following ways:
- You can get a cashback to your bank account
- As a donation
- As a gift card for specific retailers
- At the time of check out
The customers who signed up for this card seemed to love the 0% annual fee and 0% foreign transactional fee. Customers also loved the 5% cash back rewards on purchases made. A few reasons why some people were not impressed with the credit card was because of the high credit score(apparently a score between 660-700) that one needed to apply for the card. Not only a good credit but also a good credit history and a steady income which is not on par with a majority of people.
In some cases, you may get approved to apply for this card if your score is below 660 or if you do not have any credit history at all, i.e., as a student card.
Travel Reward Card
Discover It Miles is a travel reward card through which you earn rewards in the form of miles. For all the purchases made through this card, you earn miles as a form of reward. Using the Discover It Miles credit card, you can redeem the points or miles earned for travel or cashback. Every mile you earn has a value of 1 cent irrespective of whether you use it for travel or cash back. For every dollar that you spend, you earn 1.5 miles. You can redeem these rewards on travel-related services such as the following:
- While booking airline tickets
- Booking hotel rooms
- Car rentals
- Travel agents
Most customers who have signed up for this credit card emphasized that this card is a low-cost credit card that occasional travelers can use. This easy-to-use travel card has no annual fee. For first-time users, this credit card brings additional benefits, which include gaining 3 miles per every dollar spent in the first 12 months.
The only drawback that many customers mentioned was that this card offers less value with no annual fee when compared to other cards that offer more value with an annual fee. It is not best-suited for people who travel and spend a lot, as the reward rates are comparatively low. It can be worth a try if you are someone who travels less and is looking for a low-maintenance card.
Discover It Student Chrome
Discover it Student chrome credit card is a cashback card for students who have no credit history. With this card, you can gain many rewards even though you lack a credit history. This 0% annual fee with exceptional rewards is a good choice for all college students. You can earn a 2% cashback reward on gas stations and restaurants for a quarterly purchase of $1000. In addition to this, you also get 1% cashback made on other purchases. Other perks involve the signup bonus, which can turn your $50 cashback into a $100 cashback. This card is an ideal choice for students who are on the go. Another benefit is that the student gets a $20 statement credit to their account for every year on the condition that their GPA must be 3.0 or higher. The student can redeem the cashback in the following ways:
- Direct deposit
- On any store such as Amazon, or on your PayPal credit
- Gift cards
Student cards are specially designed for students who are looking forward to building their credits. You must be over 18 to apply for these cards. Considering that you don’t have any credit history, you don’t need any fee to open an account. The student card owners will achieve cashback rewards for every purchase they make.
Chrome cards can be an ideal choice for a student who does not want to get involved in a complex credit card system. If you are a student who has plans to study in a destination that does not accept the Discover credit card, then you may go for any other credit card.
Although Chrome is simple and easy to use for students who do not have much idea about credit card systems, the Discover it Student Cash Back would be an ideal choice for a student. Student Cashback card offers 5% cashback for $1500 spent on purchases per quarter.
Student Cash Back Credit Card
The Discover it Student Cash Back credit card is a credit card that is specially meant for students. It is said to be one of the best student cards that a college student can apply for based on the innumerable benefits it offers. This card brings generous cashback rewards with no annual fee and no foreign transactional fee. When you activate this card, you earn 5% cashback on categories that keep changing every three months. If you spend $1500 on purchases for the first three months, you’ll receive a 5% cashback. In addition to this, a student can also build their credit and gain a $20 statement credit if their GPA is 3.0 or higher for the corresponding five years.
This student has many rewards that make many students run for this credit card. However, you need to activate this card every three months as the cashback is applied to rotating bonus categories. Moreover, this cashback credit card is not widely accepted across many destinations, which is why you may want to consider other student credit cards.
Business cards are an ideal choice for those who have started a small business. By using these business cards, you can earn the best rewards on each little purchase that your business makes. For every dollar that is spent on making purchases by the business, 1.5% of cashback is earned. For new users, this card offers a bonus that will double the cashback value at the end of the first year. You will earn a 3% cash back for the purchases made in the first year. The cashback rewards can be redeemed as:
- A statement credit to the bank account
- An electronic deposit
- A donation to charities
This credit card is an ideal choice for small businesses that look forward to spending a lot during the initial years, such as launching your company’s products or making some capital improvements in your business.
Now, there are certain reasons why you might not want to consider this card. The first reason is that although you are offered a signup bonus, you need to wait till the end of the year to collect it. Another reason would be that this credit card offers a 1.5% cashback, but many other cards offer a 2% cashback.
If your business has a lot of expenses in the first year, then do go for this card as things are quite simple with this card.
A help center is a place that has answers to all your problems. All you have to do is search for any topic that you want clarifications on, and you have the answers on your screen. The Help Center offers support on the following topics:
Apply for Cards
Here, you can take a look at all the different credit cards and the features they offer. Once you find the credit card that suits your demands, you can apply for the card. The different types of Discover credit cards and the application process are given above.
Credit Card Rewards
Once you apply for a credit card, you can redeem the rewards in many ways possible. In the above sections, you can take a look at the different credit cards along with their rewards and the different ways through which you can redeem them.
If you wish to make any changes to your credit card account information, then you can make sure changes by clicking on this section. Using this page, you can:
- Close Discover Card account
- Card design and replacement
- Activate new card
- Change/Update information
- Mobile app
Statements and Transactions
Here you can view your bank statements and transactions. You can view up to 7 years of your transactions. You have access to the following features:
- Statements and transactions
- Downloads and Copies of bank statements
- Make online payments
- Sign up for paperless disclosures and access them in the Secured inbox of your account
On this page, you have access to tools that helps protect your account from fraud. The features include:
- Contactless Card to make payments and purchases
- Report any credit card fraud
- Freeze your account if you have temporarily misplaced your card, and you do not want to change your account number
- Report a lost/stolen card
You can set up your Discover cards with other payment portals. You can also set up the default payment type by logging into your account and making the changes to your wallet. Set up payments such as:
- Apple Pay
- Google Pay
- Samsung Pay
- Walmart Pay
In addition to all the above features, you can also contact customer service for any queries that are associated with your account.
- Contact Us page lets you message an agent or make a call to 1-800-347-2683 for support – https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/help-center/contact-us/
- Contact the team for any billing errors
- if you find yourself in any financial hardship, you can contact the customer support team for assistance
We hope that with this article, i.e., “Discover Card Login”, you have all the information you need on the different types of Discover credit cards. The list of credit cards will help you find the best credit card that you can apply for based on your needs. In addition to this, you can also take a look at the detailed procedure to apply and manage your Discover credit card accounts. You can also take a look at the Discover Help Center if you need assistance on any subject.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ’s)
You can have only Two Discover credit cards associated with your account at a single time.
No, you cannot activate two credit cards at the same time. You can activate only one credit card in a single year. To activate the other card, your previous card must remain active for about a year.
- 1 Discover Card Login
- 1.1 What is Discover Credit Card?
- 1.2 So, What Makes Discover Any Different?
- 1.3 Prerequisites Before Filling a Credit Card Application
- 1.4 Discover Card Login and Application
- 1.5 Discover Card Login: Track and Manage Account Information
- 1.6 Mobile App
- 1.7 Discover Credit Cards
- 1.8 Help Center
- 1.9 Conclusion
- 2 Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ’s)