Ever heard of LiteBlue? There is a good chance you haven’t since it’s an employee-only portal for people working at USPS. Web portals are some of the best websites for employees working in an organization. It helps them access all their work-related info like schedules, paystubs, and many other things. Almost every organization has its own web portal for employees. One such web portal that we are going to discuss today is LiteBlue.
Even if you have never heard of the LiteBlue portal, there is no way that you never heard about USPS. The postal organization of the United States provides its services to almost every part of the country. Even to the most remote locations, where other parcels/delivery services don’t go. They also deliver packages to insular areas and other associated states(American Samoa, Republic of Palau, etc). This makes it one of the largest postal services in the world.
Coming back to the USPS LiteBlue portal, as I said, it’s an employee-only portal. Every employee of the USPS can either use a computer or a mobile to log in to this portal to access a plethora of info. Users can access their company’s private intranet info as it is highly secure. In the year 2020, more than 106 million people have accessed this portal through mobile and computer. This should help you understand the number of people who access this portal for their day-to-day activities.
The portal also had a redesign after 17 long years, and now has a completely new look and feel. Now that you know how important this portal is, if you are interested, check out all the things that the portal has to offer.
Features of LiteBlue
The following list will cover all the basic and useful things that employee uses this portal for. Here they are:
- One of the main reasons that employees access this portal daily is to check their work schedules. With so many things going on, it gets difficult to keep track of all the work, hence the schedule feature.
- The other thing that requires a daily glance is the news and announcements from the company. Every employee must keep track of what’s happening in his/her company and their colleagues.
- It has certain section that provide access to frequently used apps and pages. Like the Human resources and Employee apps.
- An employee can also keep track of their career development trajectory in the company.
- Check their monthly paystubs that has all their wage info and also check previous payrolls. There’s also an option to print these payrolls.
- Plan vacations when required.
- Contact other employees, check employee deals, and more through workforce community option.
- Check employee benefits, healthcare plans, track pays/pension etc.
- Apart from these, the homepage for this portal also has options like Area updates and Resource Index.
These are some things an employee can use the portal for. If you want to know more about the new changes done to this portal, check this information – https://liteblue.usps.gov/news/
Well, that clears up the features and requirements of this portal. Now it’s time to see how to log in to this portal to use all the above features.
Learn how to log into your Fb Credit Card account by clicking on this link.
How to Use the USPS Lite Blue Login?
If you are here then it means you do not know how to use the USPS Lite Blue Login portal. Don’t be embarrassed though, we are here exactly for that. To help you get into your account in this portal. So follow along with the steps mentioned below a simple login procedure.
- All you need to log in to this portal is the right login credential. This includes an employee ID and a password for the account.
- Now open the USPS Lite Blue link, and you will be taken to the log in portal – https://liteblue.usps.gov/wps/myportal
- Don’t be surprised if the portal looks a little different from it did before. That’s because the portal has a new-look now.
- On the login page, enter the employee ID and password in the appropriate fields. Then hit that “Sign in” button.
- This will log you into your account in this portal. Pretty simple right?
- In case you cannot find the employee ID or have forgotten it, check your payslip to find it.
Only people working in the USPS should try to login into this portal. Otherwise, it could be a serious offense. Read the caution statement mentioned on the right side of the login page before you try to log in.
How to Recover a Forgotten Password?
Not everything has to go according to you, in some cases things go wrong. Here, it could be a login issue when you forgot your password. While it sure is a problem, but it’s a problem that has a solution. The next few steps will help you find the solution.
- Go to the same login page for the employee portal and click the “password recovery” option. This is under the login section – https://liteblue.usps.gov/wps/myportal
- Now the portal redirects you to a different page which is the Self Service Profile(SSP) EIN Verification page. On this page, enter your employee ID and click the verify option.
- Follow the onscreen instructions on the next page to recover your USPS employee account password.
- This should help you recover or reset the account password. In case, you haven’t set up an SSP password for your profile, then visit this SSP profile portal – https://ssp.usps.gov/ssp-web/welcome.xhtml
- Click “Enter SSP” and fill in the mentioned details on the next page to set up SSP.
If you are a student at Clay County Schools, you might find this article of ours help
How to Initiate Change of Address in the Lite Blue USPS Gov Portal?
As I have mentioned multiple times now, there are a lot of things that an employee can do in this portal. One such thing would be to manage and customize their personal info. It’s not like you change your name once every few years, but you may have to change your address cause chances are you won’t probably live in the same house forever. If you did change your address then you have to update this new address in your USPS employee account.
Some of you may not know how to do that, so such people can take a look at the instruction given below to change their address in the USPS LiteBlue account.
- Open the employee login portal and log in to it using your login credentials. If you are missing any credential, then check the above tutorials for help – https://liteblue.usps.gov/wps/myportal
- After entering the credential, log in to the portal. On the home page, you can notice a dashboard and some options.
- Go to “My HR” tab in your account. When click or hover over it, there is a drop-down menu.
- From the drop-down menu, click “Change My Address” option. Then click the Edit button in there.
- Now you can make desired changes to your address, including contact details. When you are done, select Review and take a final peek to make sure everything is perfect.
- Then click save to finalize the new address changes. That’s it, this is how you can change address in this portal.
USPS is an independent agency operating under the U.S. federal government. The postal service serves all Americans regardless of their race, religion, sex, or geography. They deliver packages all across the country 24×7. While they don’t deliver US mail on Sundays, they deliver Amazon packages. All their services are provided by a whopping 633,108 personnel at their various centers.
USPS offers various delivery options to its customers depending on the package and delivery location. Some packages can even be delivered overnight with their shipping services. Though such services will cost you some extra bucks, it is absolutely worth it when you are in need of some important documents getting delivered.
Did you know that Walt Disney worked at USPS? The sly kid had to lie about his age to get a job, and even worked during nights. Way before his time at USPS, the organizations went through a large number of innovations. There weren’t many options for delivery back then, hell, there weren’t any post stamps as well. It wasn’t until 1847 that US postage stamps were first issued.
In the following years, the USPS services started picking up steam and there were many innovations to the services they provide. For example, did you know free city delivery began in 1863? In 1893 the first commemorative stamps were issued, and rural free delivery began in 1896. Similarly, many other things were happening with the USPS. If you are interested to find out more about their history and other interesting facts, then check this USPS history timeline – https://about.usps.com/who-we-are/postal-history/significant-dates.htm
USPS Employee Benefits
USPS offers its employees a good deal of health, financial and other benefits. There are employee benefit programs that even a new hire can enroll in. If we talk about the common ones then you know benefits like sick leave, paid leave, many insurance options for dental, health, life, long term, accidental and a few other insurance options are available.
Other than that an employee can get the usual 401(k) retirement plan, FSA(Flexible Spending Accounts), Career Development, and Training. Apart from these, there are other programs that an employee can enroll in during the open season. The open season is when a postal employee has a chance to make changes to their healthcare or any other plans offered by USPS. This is possible only once, every year.
For info on those, check this benefits program link – https://about.usps.com/postal-bulletin/2020/pb22558/html/cover_002.htm
Most of these programs can be opted for by new hires as well, though you have to opt for it within 60 days of getting hired.
Troubleshooting the Employee Login Portal
If you have seen the login procedure or know it, then you know how easy it is. That doesn’t mean things will always go smoothly and in your favor. Sometimes users report issues that they cannot log in to the portal even with the right login credentials. In case you ever have to face such troubles, check out the instructions below which can help you navigate such troubled waters.
- Most of the time, there are simple things that can cause an error during login. Things like internet issues. So make sure that your device has proper internet to log in. Also, try another browser.
- Password the USPS employee portal is case-sensitive, so make sure that the caps lock is turned off.
- Sometimes the issue may lie with the browser, so try using a different one than the current one. Some browsers that you can try are Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox, and Safari.
- You can also try clearing the browser cache and cookies to see if the problem is fixed. This can be done from the browser settings.
- Make sure that the antivirus or the defender(Windows) isn’t blocking the USPS.com. If it is, then add the site to exceptions or turn off the antivirus while accessing the portal.
These are some of the easy troubleshooting options, in case none of them help then contact USPS support to get help.
Even though there are many ways to troubleshoot and fix problems for the employee login portal, that doesn’t mean you won’t need help. There are things that you can’t do or fix, in such situations, you will need all the help you can get, and we are glad to give it to you. Since there are things that we can’t share, so use this Human Resource link for the portal to get all the help you require – https://liteblue.usps.gov/humanresources/contact_hr.shtml?
Another method is to use this “1-800-275-8777” number to contact support. For tech support, call this “1-800-344-7779” number.
Heard of Twitch TV yet? Click here to check what all it has to offer you.
In this article, we have covered everything that an employee will need to understand about the LiteBlue portal. For people who have no idea about this portal, I would suggest you read everything from the basics of the portal to login procedures and troubleshooting. In case you forget your password or username we have a tutorial for that as well. For a few people, there could be unusual issues with the portal, in such scenarios contact USPS support using the information on this page.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
The USPS LiteBlue login portal is for employees working at various USPS facilities. Any employee with an account in this portal can use it to access all kinds of information on their work-related activities. Things like pay stubs, schedules, announcements & news, frequently used apps, workforce community, and a few other options are accessible from the portal. Remember, only employees with the right login credentials can access this portal.
Yes, the USPSLiteBlue portal can also be used from mobiles. The portal has an app that is compatible with both Android and iOS devices. In fact, many people prefer using this portal from smartphones, which was evident from last year’s numbers. Out of 106 million people who accessed this portal, around 81% were mobile users.
Like many other companies and organizations, USPS offers many healthcare and financial benefits to their employees. Some of them include various insurance plans, financial benefits like FSA, 401(k) plan, etc.
On the login page, you can find an option called “forgot password”. Click that option and follow the instructions to recover it. If you need more information on this, then check the tutorial in this article for a detailed explanation.
- 1 Features of LiteBlue
- 2 Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)