People living in the Piedmont regions and Shenandoah valley might be familiar with LFCC, which is the Lord Fairfax Community College. Even if you do not know this college, then you can understand from the name itself that it is a community college. Considering the type of college it is, you can expect various 2-year programs and certifications from this institution.
While we will touch upon the various aspects of the LFCC, we are here to provide all the information on its login portal, which is the MYLFCC. Just like many other colleges in the country, the LFCC has its very own web portal for students and faculty that is called the MYLFCC web portal.
I know you are eagerly reading this article to find out how to log in to this portal but hold your horses. Before we get into the login tutorial, let’s talk a little about what this portal actually does.
Take a look at tcc blackboard login
Students, instructors, and all the other curious people at LFCC have joined the college and have been handed access to a web portal. Some of you might be confused as to what this portal is? So let me clear that up for you. All of you who have joined the Lord Fairfax Comunity CoIllege will need this web portal for all kinds of college stuff.
To name a few, you will need this portal to check your class schedules, find information on your college tuition and all kinds of payment-related info, along with their learning management system which is called Canvas. Along with LFCC, many other colleges that come under the Virginia Community colleges use this application.
All this can be done with a single sign-in option from your MYLFCC login portal, and you can access so many other features. All you have to do is log in to this MYLFCC portal and then use all the above options. While all this sounds like a piece of cake for some, others do not know a thing about this portal or any web portal in general.
If you are one of those people, do not be embarrassed, because we have got your back. Here you can find out about the portal’s login procedures, and as a bonus, we will throw in some troubleshooting procedures when you forget your password or username.
How to Get Into the MYLFCC Login Portal?
Well, it’s quite simple actually, all you have to do is follow the below steps to the point, and you will be in, in no time.
- Open the MYLFCC Login link : https://lfcc.edu/current-students/my-lfcc/, which takes you directly to the portal.
- Now, do not panic if you see something like “Virginia Community Colleges” after you click my lfcc sign in.
- The LFCC and all the other VCC use the same login portal.
- So now you have to enter your login credential that is your username and password.
- After you are done with that, and press the Go/sign-in button, the main page of your MYLFCC portal will be viewed.
For some, this is the happy ending, but for others here is the beginning of a problem. Confused? I’m talking about those absent-minded people who keep forgetting their password or username. While I cannot help you with your Dementia, I can certainly help you get back your password/username.
To find out how to, take a look at the next tutorial.
What Should I Do When I Forget My Username or Password?
We shall divide and conquer, I mean, first, let us talk about the password situation then we will get back to the username thing.
- So you forgot your password for My LFCC login portal – https://identity.my.vccs.edu/idp/AuthnEngine#/authn
- In that case, you can just recover it by using the “Forgot password” option on the same login page.
- Click the above-mentioned option, and you will be taken to another page.
- There you have to enter the account username or email address and check the captcha box to prove a web portal that runs on a machine, that you are not a machine.
- You will receive a mail with a claim code and a link. Open that link and enter the provided claim code.
- Then you can enter a new password instead of the forgotten one. This will do the trick.
Now coming back to the username situation, follow the next few steps to take care of it.
- Just like the forgot password option, there is another option when you forget your username.
- Click that option and go to the next page. This also requires an email address, remember to use the same email address that you provide during your college application.
- Enter the mail, check the captcha, and follow any further instructions if provided to recover your forgotten username.
- That’s all you have to do if you forget your username or password.
For some reason, if this doesn’t work(which is unlikely) or you are missing any detail then go to, support.vccs.edu which is the link for your college help desk. Let them know the situation, and they will find you a solution. – https://support.vccs.edu/
The login page also has a few other options under the “Need Help?”. Do check out if you need a video tutorial on how to reset a password, set up push MFA, or just set up MFA along with a few other support options.
Check Out home depot login
I have already mentioned that it is an LMS for students and instructors at LFCC along with a few of its features, but you might be wondering about how to use those features. So to clear up a few such doubts, how about I tell you the procedure to add/enroll for classes, review class schedule, and pay tuition online.
After you log in to your account, you can see an option called VCCS: SIS. Click on it and go to the Student Center on the left. Then look for the right semester and school from the search bar, then you need to type in the first 3 letters of the class that looks interesting to you. Later, enter the course number and campus location.
Find the available classes based on term, select the desired one, and press next. This way, choose all the required classes and move them to the cart. Finally, click enroll to get enrolled in those classes. For a detailed explanation, look at this FAQ link – https://lfcc.edu/current-students/my-lfcc/frequently-asked-questions-about-my-lfcc/how-do-i-enroll-or-add-classes/.
Review Class Schedule
On the home page of your LFCC portal, click the Self Service option. Then go to “My Class Schedule” from the “Student Center” and select the term. After you are done, you can log out by using the sign-out option.
Similarly, much info can be found in many things from the MYLFCC FAQ page – https://lfcc.edu/current-students/my-lfcc/frequently-asked-questions-about-my-lfcc/
A Little More About Lord Fairfax Community College
It has been more than 50 years since LFCC was first established and embraced students from all walks of life. This happened when the Virginia general assembly passed a legislature to establish multiple technical and adult education colleges that provide courses for students to transfer into a 4-year college or university.
All this was taking place around the 1960s under the partnership of local cities and state, and multiple community colleges were then popping on the state. Now you may be wondering why the Lord Fairfax name? Well, that name came from Thomas Lord Fairfax VI, who was one of the many people who contributed to the formation of new America.
He was also a mentor and friend to George Washington and had a great impact on him as a person. While history may have been written that way, the truth eventually comes out. Thomas Lord Fairfax VI was a respected man back then, but he was also a slave owner who had ties with the British forces while still being a part of the American revolution.
Probably that’s the reason the college is being renamed Laurel Ridge Community College. After, the State Board asked all the community colleges in Virginia to reassess their college names. While the new name has been approved in the year 2021, the changes will take till 2022.
To read more about their campus life and everything that this college has to offer, check their LFCC About page – https://lfcc.edu/about-lfcc/
How to Apply for Admissions at LFCC?
After reading all the above things about the college, it wouldn’t be surprising if you are interested in enrolling in their various 78 certificates and degree programs. Again, we are here to make that process a little easier for you by providing you with all the necessary pointers.
- The college’s website has a page, where you can directly apply for their various programs. So first visit the Fairfax Community College website which is lfcc.edu
- If you are a keen observer, then you can spot the “Apply Today!” option right at the top of the page.
- When you click on the apply option, a few other options can be seen on the next page.
- Let us suppose you want to get a degree or certificate, then click the first one.
- Now you will see a bunch of options and instructions. Read all of them carefully. In case you want to directly skip all that and just head for the application then click the “Apply for Admission”.
- Then on the next page, you can find more instructions if you need or maybe go for the “Apply Now” button.
- For the further process, you have to log in into your LFCC account. If you do not already have one, then create it using the “Create an account” option.
- Fill in all the information mentioned on the page, including the personal and contact information.
- When the account is created, log in to the account, and you can continue the application process.
Why Don’t you have a peek at blackboard unitec
You were probably only looking for my LFCC Edu login process, but we have provided you with way more info. So it would be a good idea to read all the things that have been mentioned in this article, cause you never know what information might be helpful in the future. In case you need help with any kind of login issues, we do have multiple tutorials for various issues. All it takes is a few minutes to read all this stuff.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ’s)
Blackboard is a learning management system that is a web-based application used in many colleges to provide their students e-learning options. Students and instructors can use this application to check their class schedule, review assignments and tests, etc. LFCC uses a similar application called the Canvas.
Currently, enrolled and future students who have an account in the portal can use the LFCC edu Login. Students can use the Canvas application, find out information on tuition and other payment information.
The My LFCC portal is like any other portal that requires a username and a password.
The Lord Fairfax Community College will soon be renamed Laurel Ridge Community College by mid-2022
- 1 MYLFCC Login
- 1.1 How to Get Into the MYLFCC Login Portal?
- 1.2 What Should I Do When I Forget My Username or Password?
- 1.3 About Canvas
- 1.4 A Little More About Lord Fairfax Community College
- 1.5 How to Apply for Admissions at LFCC?
- 1.6 Conclusion
- 2 Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ’s)