There’s nothing better than coming home after a big day and relaxing on your couch, binge-watching your favorite show. What’s even better is the unlimited access to these shows that can keep you hooked on to the television for hours straight. When you think of such online streaming platforms, what’s the first word that comes to your mind? Even if you are a Netflix user, the name still pops up on your tongue not only because of the exceptional services that it has to offer but also the huge collection of movies and TV shows. In this article, we take a closer look at this streaming service and how to make the best use of the Netflix Sign-in portal.
If you haven’t had the chance to use Netflix, then you, my friend, are missing out on a lot of things. Considering that its popularity is reaching the skies, it would be quite disappointing to not give it a try. I bet you’re probably thinking, who in this era does not own a Netflix account, but there are quite a few folks who stick to minimal streaming sites that do not have much to explore.
Netflix is the ultimate streaming platform that found its origins 24 years ago as a DVD rental service. The company’s goals have transformed in the past decade, as Netflix is now an online platform that features a huge catalog of movies and TV shows. Ever since the company has changed its business model, every house in America has switched to using these services for their entertainment. Currently, Netflix is the largest streaming media platform that also features its in-house original shows.
How Does Netflix Work?
The working of Netflix is rather simple. All you have to do is create an account and login into the portal to access the wide collection of TV shows and movies. All Netflix’s content is stored on a remote server, that plays the videos for you once you hit the play button. Based on the content that you view, you get recommendations to watch a new show.
Which Countries Cannot Access Netflix?
This platform can be accessed through any device in almost 200 countries of the world. The only places where you cannot access this streaming service are:
- North Korea
Devices That Can Access Netflix
You can use Netflix with a reliable internet connection through any device of your choice. PS’s, smart TVs, smartphones and tablets, and game consoles are a few devices that support Netflix streaming. For Android and Apple phones, you need a 5.0 version or higher.
How Much Does It Cost?
When it comes to the pricing on subscription plans, you have many options to go for. Overall there are three subscription plans; Basic, Standard, and Premium. You can either sign up for any of these plans and start streaming, or you can use Netflix on a trial basis for a few days and then sign up for the plan.
- The Basic plan has a cost of $8.99 per month, which is the cheapest plan that Netflix offers. You can only watch the shows on a single screen and download the shows on a single device. The only drawback of this plan is the lack of HD services.
- The Standard plan costs around $13.99 per month. You can stream and download the videos on two devices. You do not have access to ultra HD services through this plan.
- Premium is the most expensive plan that costs $17.99 per month. You can stream and download the videos to 4 separate devices and access all the HD services.
In addition to the subscription plans, you also get a DVD and the Blu-ray renting service, which is only available to people living in the USA. There are two DVD renting plans that cost $7.99 and $11.99 per month to stream shows which are not available for streaming on Netflix. The Blu-ray costs $9.99 and $14.99 per month.
Now that all the basic information that you need here’s a guide on how to register and log in to Netflix.
- To create an account on Netflix, you need to go to the official Netflix site(www.netflix.com) given here
- On the top right of the page, click on Sign In
- Now click on Sign up to register an account
- You can see the different plans on this page. Select any plan that you want
- On the next page, you require entering your email address and the password
- Then fill in your credit card information
- You will receive an OTP for confirmation. Enter the OTP in the space given
- Then you require choosing a profile to stream the videos
- Your account is now ready for streaming videos
- Click on the Netflix Login page(www Netflix com Login)
- In the top-right corner, click on Sign In
- Now enter your email address and the password
- Tap the Sign-in button to complete the Netflix Sign-in procedure
Forgot the Netflix Login Password
Forgetting a password is way more common than you think it is. If you have forgotten your Netflix login password, then do not worry, as there is a way to reset the password for your account.
- Click on the Forgot Netflix Password link – https://www.netflix.com/in/LoginHelp
- Then you need to select how would you like to reset the password; Email or SMS
- Select the required option and then enter your email address which is associated with your Netflix account
- Click on Submit and you will receive the message to reset your password
This mail contains instructions to reset the password. Create a new password and save the changes for future use.
Get the Netflix Login Account for Free
Do you want to stream Netflix for free without having to pay a single penny? Well, you can do so. You can stream Netflix for free if you cancel your subscription before the renewal date. You need to create a Netflix account on a trial basis, which lasts up to 30 days. Before the end of the trial period, cancel your subscription, and you are done. To create a free trial account, you need to:
- Go to the official Netflix login page – http://netflix.com/
- Then enter your email address
- Now click on 30 days free trial
- Press Continue and enter the Password
- Select any plan from the 3 plans given
- Enter your credit card information
- Click on Start membership program to activate the free trial
You can now stream Netflix for 30 days for free. Remember that you need to cancel your subscription before the renewal date. If you do not do so, your account gets charged, and you need to make the payments. To cancel the free trial:
- Open the Netflix Sign-in account and go to the Accounts tab
- Click on the Cancel Membership button to cancel your plan
Change Subscription Plans on Netflix
The user can upgrade or downgrade their Netflix plans at any moment. These changes should be made on the Accounts page. To upgrade/downgrade a plan, you need to:
- Sign in to the Netflix Login account
- Go to Accounts
- Click on Plan Details
- Then click on Change plan
- On a new page, you can see the available plans. Select any plan that you want to switch to
- Select Continue
- Then click on Confirm
Remember that if you are upgrading a plan, the changes will take effect immediately. Your account will be charged with the new amount without any refund for the previous plan. If you are downgrading a plan, the effect will take place after the current plan ends.
Manage Netflix Sign-in Account
You can update or modify any personal information on Netflix by logging into your account and going to the Account tab. You can make changes or update the information to the following:
- Account Information: To change any account information such as the email address or phone numbers, you can go to the Membership and Billing tab and make changes. To make changes to the plan, go to the Plan Details tab.
- Language: To make changes to the language, go to Setting and change the language
- Payment and Billing: This tab lets you view all the payments that you have made and all the charges that are applied to your account. You can also make changes to the payment type through this tab
- Profiles: You can view, add or remove profiles through this tab
- History: To view all your streaming history, you can go to Profiles> View Activity
Creating Profiles on Netflix
After creating an account on Netflix, you can create a personalized profile. You can create a maximum of up to 5 separate profiles which are associated with your account. Based on your watch history, new recommendations are made by the platform. These profiles will also have a unique search and watch history. While creating profiles, you can also set a maturity level for each profile. The viewer can only stream the shows that fall within the specified maturity level.
- To create a profile, go to the Manage Profiles page after logging into your account
- Click on Add Profile
- Select a profile type
- Click on continue to add the profile to your account
To Set a Maturity Rating:
- Go to the Account page
- Select the profile to set the maturity level
- Click on Profile and Parental Controls setting
- Go to Viewing Restrictions
- Now enter your Netflix password
- Set the maturity level and click on Save
Apart from setting the language, you can make changes to the subtitle’s font, size, shadow, and background color if you want.
- Open the Netflix login account and go to the Accounts tab
- Click on Profile and Parental Controls
- Click the Change button in Subtitle Appearance
- After changing the setting, click on Save
How to Download the Show to Watch Later?
Using Netflix, you can download any show to watch later when you do not have internet access. The download feature is compatible with both Android and iOS versions, along with Windows 10 PCs and Amazon Fire Tablets. You can download 100 videos at a single time per device. Just remember that not all videos are available for download.
- Go to the Netflix app and select the show you wish to watch later
- Tap on Downloads to download the show
- If you are watching a TV series, then you will see the Download icon next to each episode
Find Your Show
Netflix has a huge horizon of movies and TV shows that are accessible in many languages. Once you have created an account, you can see the movie and TV show recommendations on your page. It can be quite overwhelming to decide which show to watch, considering the huge library of videos that you have access to.
You can look for your favorite shows by typing their name in the search bar. If you wish to browse through the recommendations, then you can do that too. Select TV Shows or Movies from the menu and further narrow down the list by applying filters such as Genres or Categories. You can also sort down the listings by clicking on additional filters such as New, Popular, Coming Soon, etc.
What Are the Best Movies and TV Shows on Netflix?
When you have a whole library of the best and the most popular TV shows at your service, it becomes very difficult to come to a decision. Finding a show or a movie has never been easier with Netflix. I remember browsing countless movies and TV shows to watch but ended up sleeping instead. If you’re someone like me, then these are a few recommendations based on my Netflix binge-watching history.
The Best TV Shows
Netflix keeps on updating its TV shows list based on the latest and the most popular TV shows. Here are some of the most popular TV shows that a majority of the population loves:
- Black Mirror: this television series features a dystopian world that is hooked on to technology in the worst way possible. Every episode of this series features a new storyline that will keep you on the edge of your seat.
- The Crown: This series features the life of Queen Elizabeth II. The Crown has won many awards for the exceptional cinematography and the storyline that depicted every aspect of the main character’s life in the best way possible.
- Dark: The storyline features unraveling the dark history of a small town where a boy suddenly goes missing. This is another compelling thriller that will have you hooked to TV till the very end.
- Stranger Things: A small town? Check. A group of nerds and geeks? Check. An evil mastermind? Check. A girl with superpowers? Also check. That’s all you need to know about this great sci-fi series.
- Squid Game: This popular series has its name on the tip of everyone tongue. Even if you haven’t watched the series yet, you can feel its popularity grow. This thriller features a group of broke people who are invited to play a game to win a huge sum of money in return. So, what would they do if they find themselves at stake? Will they continue playing? Watch and find out.
The Best Movies
Here are a few classics that you can watch, which will save enough of your time from endless browsing.
- Zodiac: If you are in love with crime thrillers, then this movie is bound to impress you with its compelling storyline and characters who would do anything to solve the murder mystery.
- Mudbound: This story features two friends, a Black and a White, who are welcomed back to the US after WW2. Turns out that the way they were treated as equals on the war is very different to the way that they are treated now. It’s a story of how equality takes different shapes depending on the person.
- Okja: This story is about a little girl who is on a quest to get back her pig to the farm from a group of sinister scientists who plan to use the pig in a sadistic project.
- Django Unchained: The story of a freed slave who would do anything to get back his wife from the evil plantation owner.
- Shutter Island: This is a psychological thriller that has many twists and a final twist which will have you awestruck with the way this story is executed.
Tips and Tricks to Make the Best Use of Netflix Login Account
If you are using Netflix for quite some time now, then you must be aware of the innumerable features that you can make use of such as adding profiles, offline downloads, personalizing subtitles, etc. In addition to all the streaming features, here are a few ways through which you can get more out of your Netflix subscriptions.
- Use Reddit for Recommendations: if you do not have enough time and strength to skim through a whole bunch of movies and TV shows, the try looking for recommendations in the r/NetflixBestOf group.
- Launch Rabbit: Rabbit is a video chat service through which you can watch Netflix’s video with friends who live far off or in a different location. Rabbit lets you launch a window through which all the contact in the chat can view the streaming video
- Better Video Quality: If you want better video quality, and you aren’t getting any, then you can try watching Netflix at peak hours such as early in the morning or late at night. That’s because you can get a better video quality during these hours, considering not many people will be streaming.
- Thumbs Up: Use the thumbs up button to keep things simple and to the point. Based on the content that you liked, you will get recommendations to shows that you will love.
- Keyword Search: Want to watch a movie, but can’t remember the name? Then try to type in the name of the actor or any keyword that is associated with the movie to narrow down your search.
Use VPN to Unblock Netflix
You are traveling across the globe, and you want to watch a show on Netflix that you previously were watching. But once you log in and try to continue watching the show, you cannot access it. That’s because of regional restrictions. This simply means that the content which is available in a specific country, may not be available in other countries. For EG: If you are living in the UK, then you can only view the content which is available in the UK. You cannot watch the content which is available to the citizens of the USA.
This means that if you are traveling overseas and wish to stream the content that you were previously watching, then you may have a hard time viewing the content due to regional restrictions. This is where VPN jumps in. To be able to access the regionally restricted content, you need a VPN. VPN directs the internet traffic to the server that is operated by the VPN company.
When you use a VPN on your device for streaming Netflix, your device appears to be in a different country, and you can stream all the content that was once restricted. All you have to do is install a VPN on your streaming device. Then you need to choose a server from where you want the device to appear. Your device now appears to be in a different location. Netflix will now grant you access to the content which is available on the location that you chose.
Issues With Netflix Login Account and Troubleshooting Them
Considering that Netflix can be viewed on multiple platforms, it’s a huge boon for us regular folks. But at the same time, this streaming service introduces minute issues that can become overbearing if not solved properly. Here is a list of the most common issues and how to troubleshoot them.
- Buffering: You are streaming a movie on Netflix that you’ve been dying to watch for so long. While you are close to finding out the major plot twist, you see that annoying little buffering sign pop up on the screen. These issues arise if your internet connection isn’t strong enough to stream HD content.
- Cannot find the movie? The regional restrictions might be the cause. In such cases, a VPN can be your savior.
- Can’t log in? Maybe a router or Internet connection issue. Try to disconnect from the internet and then reconnect.
- Black Screen: If you cannot see anything else on your screen besides the Netflix logo on a black background, then you need to clear your cache and cookies and then try logging in.
- Netflix Suddenly Closes Down: This happens when multiple devices are associated to the account. To solve this, deactivate Netflix and then reactivate it again.
Netflix Marketing Strategies
An organization that started as a DVD retailer is not the most widely used platform for video streaming. With the increase in the number of unique users per month, Netflix has come way ahead in popularity thanks to its social media marketing strategies. Netflix has been using its social media handles to generate traffic through sprinkles of humor. This company has a very good idea of what its audience likes and how far are they willing to go to binge-watch that particular series. Using this knowledge as a guide to post memes and tweets, the company never ceases to impress the audience with its social media posts.
In addition to the humorous tweets and memes, they use other social media handles such as Facebook and email services to send out some interesting newsletters and polls to keep the audience engaged with its latest juicy content. In simpler words, the content creators know what they are doing to not only engage their audience but also change their taste and interest.
Considering that now you have a major idea of what Netflix is and the variety of content that you can stream on this platform, then signing up for this service shouldn’t hold you back. In addition to watching a variety of TV shows and movies, you can make the best use of your Netflix subscription by using the tips and tricks that are mentioned above. So, go ahead, sign up and enjoy your favorite content without any further delays…
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ’s)
You can have a maximum of 5 profiles associated with your Netflix account. Every profile has its own personalized search results, history, and recommendations.
As a parent, setting up a profile for their kids can limit the content that the kids can view. By setting up parental controls such as maturity rating, you can restrict the type of content the children can view. The children can only view the content within that specific rating.
Yes, you can change the display language by going to Accounts> Profile> Language>Display Language> Save.
- 1 Netflix Login
- 1.1 How Does Netflix Work?
- 1.2 Which Countries Cannot Access Netflix?
- 1.3 Devices That Can Access Netflix
- 1.4 How Much Does It Cost?
- 1.5 Netflix Login
- 1.6 Get the Netflix Login Account for Free
- 1.7 Change Subscription Plans on Netflix
- 1.8 Manage Netflix Sign-in Account
- 1.9 Creating Profiles on Netflix
- 1.10 Changing Subtitles
- 1.11 How to Download the Show to Watch Later?
- 1.12 Find Your Show
- 1.13 What Are the Best Movies and TV Shows on Netflix?
- 1.14 Tips and Tricks to Make the Best Use of Netflix Login Account
- 1.15 Use VPN to Unblock Netflix
- 1.16 Issues With Netflix Login Account and Troubleshooting Them
- 1.17 Netflix Marketing Strategies
- 1.18 Conclusion
- 2 Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ’s)