How often have you had to buy a game by reading its reviews and watching a few clips, but the game didn’t turn out as expected? Most of us have been through this stage and understand what it feels like to anxiously wait for a game that you wanted to play for so long, but destiny had other plans. In many situations, simply reading the reviews and watching the advertisements or a few clips of the latest or upcoming video games may not work in your favor. Recorded streams of a gaming session are the solution to these problems. In this article, we will not only be talking about the live stream of games but other genres such as music, sports, and much more.
What is Twitch TV?
Keeping track of all the recent yet expensive video games is not an easy process. As of now, many people refer to online streaming videos to understand if a particular game is worth playing or not. Initially, it was quite difficult to find out if a video game was a hit or a miss unless you purchased the game and started playing, but now, thanks to the streaming platforms such as Twitch TV, your worries are eased. Businesses didn’t see any potential growth in the live-streaming sector until the past few decades. The interest to watch live streams/prerecorded videos was built over the years as more and more people switched to the internet for answers.
It is one of the most popular online streaming services that give you a broadcast of not just video games but also music and sports. In addition to these genres, this platform also has a collection of some creative content, such as “In Real Life Streams”. Although it offers many services in addition to video games streams, most of the traffic is driven by the recorded video game sessions.
Now that you have a decent idea of what this site is and what it is used for, let’s spice things up a bit by looking at the features that are accessible to you.
The Primary Features That You Need to Know
Video Games, Music, and Sports… So, what’s new? Well, there are a few more things on this site that you may not know. Let’s count those features down:
Talk Shows and Podcasts
Are you someone who loved to take a deep dive into the world of conspiracy theories, history, science, crime, or any interesting niche that sparks curiosity within you? If yes, then these talk shows and podcasts are specially meant for you to listen to. On this channel, you can listen to the latest news, podcasts related to Mental and Physical Health, Interviews and so much more. All you have to do is search them down and apply the right tags. If you are not into the English language, then don’t worry, as you can filter the search results based on any language of your choice.
Travel and Outdoors(IRL’s)
A live, chilling tour of an endangered wolf forest at night? Yes. An enthusiastic tour of the best restaurants in Tokyo? Well, yes. Or the Live outdoor solo camping in the mountains? Of course, yes… These are some of the most popular videos that you can find on this side of the channel. Additionally, you can search for any interesting travel vlogs that you are curious to know about and spend the whole day binge-watching. You do not have any option to make language changes as these videos are recorded live.
Food and Drink
How many of you guys have switched to a cooking channel to check out the scrumptious delights, but wouldn’t move a muscle when it comes to cooking? Well, you end up ordering food instead. Access a variety of cooking delights from all over the world. Get to know the famous cuisines, exotic meal preparations, social eating, and baking. Once you switch to this channel, there is no going back. It hooks you onto the TV screen like a magnet, and you end up watching every show. The only drawback of binge-watching these shows is that you end up starving if you don’t order or cook it yourself.
The most widely visited part of this website, that drives in a lot of traffic. As video games are becoming more expensive day by day, you do not want to waste your money in buying a game that later on does not satisfy your gaming needs. You can always take a look at the online video streaming that includes both live and pre-recorded sessions of the game in action. In most streams, you can view both the game in action and the stream of the player playing the game.
There are a few streamers who advertise the game for the publishers by gaining early access to any upcoming game. This not only enhances the brand’s credibility but also sparks interest among a wider group of people.
If you are fond of music and wish to create and learn more about specific instruments, then this channel is for you. As a beginner who is looking forward to learning more about the divine reams of music, then you have so many ways of learning through this site. Simply type in the trending music piece that you need, and you are good to go.
How to Create an Account?
To become a member of this portal, you need to create/register an account to make use of all the features and services. As a member of this community, you can listen to broadcasts, set up alerts and reminders, access live chats by messaging popular broadcasters, and also broadcast your content onto the platform… Now, that’s interesting!!!… So, without further ado, let’s see how quickly you can create an account.
- Go to the official Twitch Website from the link given here – https://www.twitch.tv/
- Click on Sign up in the top right corner
- On the pop-up page, click on the Sign-Up option
- Create a Username and a Password for your account
- Also enter the DOB and your Email
- Once done, click on Sign Up
Your account is created and from now on, you can make use of the features and services by logging into the portal.
How to Login
- To log in, go to the official page and click on the Login button – https://www.twitch.tv/
- Select Log In from the pop-up and enter the account details you used while creating an account
- Press Login to access your account
Remembering a password is not as easy as forgetting one. If you have lost your password, then you can reset it using the Password Reset tool
- Click on the Password Reset Tool given here – https://www.twitch.tv/user/account-recovery
- Enter the email address that is associate with your account
- Once you receive a password reset link through the email, click on it to create a new password
- Save the final changes after resetting a new password
What Are Bits and Subscriptions and How Are They Helpful in the Twitch Community?
By subscribing to a channel, you can show your support to the channel hosts, which will help them create a bigger and stronger community. Subscriptions on this site work like any other subscription. The viewer pays a certain amount to support the channel and in return, gains exclusive perks. A few kinds of subscriptions are:
- Regular Subscription: This is the most basic form of subscription, in which the users agree to pay a certain amount to a particular channel of their choice. There are 3 tiers in this subscription; $4.99, $9.99 and $24.99 per month. The payment is done either in a one-time payment or on a recurring basis
- Gifted Subscriptions: With this kind of subscription, the viewer can gift a one-month subscription of any channel to another viewer. These subscriptions are very helpful to those channels who have just started out and are looking for a large audience. As a channel host, your viewers gift a subscription to your channel to any other account.
- Prime Gaming: If you have an Amazon Prime account, then you can become a Prime user and gain exclusive benefits and perks.
Perks of Being a Subscriber
Be it any type of subscriber, you gain perks such as a variety of
- Emoticons: Emoticons/emotes are a set of unique emojis which are different for every channel and are available to the subscribers of those channels. The subscribers can use these emoticons in any chat room. The number of emoticons varies in every channel.
- Chat Functions: An exclusive chatroom solely meant for all the subscribers of a particular channel. Once again, not all channels have this feature, as the streamer is the one who can create this chatroom.
- Badges: As a subscriber, you can identify yourself with a unique badge, which is different for every channel. This badge is printed right next to your name.
- Ad-free Streaming: Subscribers can also have the ad-free streaming benefit that removes all the ads from the videos.
- Competitions: As a subscriber, you can participate in competitions held by the channel hosts and win prizes and rewards
Bits are another way through which the viewers can show support to the channel. They are a virtual shoutout that the viewers can send the channel hosts through chat by using emoticons. This process is otherwise known as Cheering. When a viewer cheers, a cheer mote(emoticons) appears in the chat. The value of every bit that is used in the chat is $0.01. When the viewer sends these bits to the host through the chat, the host gains its value.
Follow and Subscribe to Channels on This Streaming Website
After creating an account, the next basic procedure would be to search for streams and enjoy watching them. It takes a lot to build a community that has the same level of motivation and similar goals. Not only will you enjoy being a part of this group, but also learn a lot by following and subscribing to channels.
Follow Any Channel
Following and subscribing to channels not only motivates the channel’s hosts but also drives them to produce more content that the followers seem to love. Once you have the channels that are on par with your streaming demands, you can follow them by:
- Go to the official Twitch site and look for the channel
- Click on the channel that you want to follow
- On the top-right hand side of the page, you will see the Follow button that you need to click on
By using the Follow button, you can show your support by empowering the hosts to create more such content. And by subscribing to the channel, you provide a means of financial support to the channel. Many hosts make earnings through these subscriptions. Although many people stream for fun, some folks have even turned this into a full-time job. As a subscriber, you send a monthly amount to the platform and a small portion of this amount goes to the host. As a return gift, you can avail yourself of those features that regular followers do not have access to.
- Go to the channel that you want to subscribe to
- Click Subscribe button and view the payment plans
- Make a section and do the payments through Paypal, credit cards, or any suitable option
- It takes a while to process the payment. Once that’s done, you are officially a new subscriber
Twitch Prime Membership
Prime is a membership program that is bundled with Amazon Prime. Just like any other subscription program, using Prime will give you access to content that is not visible to regular users. To use this subscription, you need an Amazon Prime or a Prime Video account. As a prime member, you get many benefits, which include a free subscription to any 1 channel every month. Along with this, you also get t a badge that is exclusive to the members of the prim club. Additionally, you also get access to premium content alongside downloading and playing free games.
Set Up Prime Without Amazon Prime
If you don’t have an Amazon Prime subscription, you need to sign up for Prime in this way:
- Go to the site and log in using your details
- Click on the Try Prime button on the top
- On a new page, click on Activate Twitch Prime
- Now you need to fill in your payment information
Ensure that you sign up for Amazon Prime or Prime Video membership if you don’t have one yet and only then move on to the step given above.
Set Up Prime When You Have Amazon Prime
- Go to the official page of Amazon.com and search for Twitch
- Then click on Learn More button right next to the search results generated
- Then click on the Connect Your Twitch Account
- On the next page, you may be asked to sign up for Prime account
- Follow all the steps given to sign up for an account
- Once that’s done, you can connect your account
Benefits of Using the Prime Membership
The prime membership brings forward many exclusive benefits to its members, which is why so many folks are running to sign up for this membership. A few benefits that you can make the best use of are:
- Free Channel: Once every 30 days, you get to subscribe to any channel of your choice for free. In addition to the subscription, you also get other perks that include emoticons, badges, online chat.
- Games: Play free games every month and add them to your game collection. You can access these games anytime for as long as you want
- In-game Freebies: For latest and popular games, you can get exclusive access to the characters, outfits, weapons, etc.
- Emoticons: All the members of Prime get to use special emoticons that are specially reserved.
- Change Colors: As a prime member, you can change the color of your chat by making color changes in the settings menu
- Badges: All Prime members are identified by a unique badge, which looks like a crown. Every action you perform, such as sending a message or an emoticon, is followed by the Prime badge
How to Use the platform to Create a Live Stream?
We have seen how to create a general account for those who only want to enjoy the live streams and show support through following and subscribing. The ones who want to create a live stream on this platform need to create an account first. To create an account, follow the steps mentioned above by using a desktop. Use a desktop as you need to enable the two-factor authentication, which is only available on desktops.
- Go to your account settings and click on enable 2FA
- Keep your mobile phone handy as you need it to complete the authentication process
- Once authentication is done, you can live stream
Live Streaming Gear
To get started with live-streaming, you need a good set of hardware and software. Let’s start with the basics:
- You need a good computer with 8 GB Ram, newer versions of Windows 7, and Intel Core i5-4670.
- A strong internet connection is also a necessary requirement for streaming.
- When it comes to the streaming software, you need the Open Broadcasting Software, which is completely free. You can also use XSplit, which has a paid program for additional features
- USB mics such as Blue yet and the HyperX Quadcast S
- Best webcams such as the Logitech HD Pro C920
- Additional streaming gear such as lights, green screen, a touchscreen stream deck
What Is Moderation and Why Do You Need It?
As a streamer, it’s your job to make all your subscribers feel safe, secure, and confident. Using mods and other tools, you can keep the chat organized and the conversation flowing in the right manner. To ensure identity protection and a smooth flow of conversation, you can make use of the following tools for account safety.
- AutoMod: With this tool, the viewers need to verify their email address before participate in the chat
- Block Phrases: As a streamer, you can block the use of certain phrases that are deemed abusive or threatening. You can also block the use of hyperlink of any other channel in your chat.
- Chat Rules: The streamer can curate a list of chat rules that appears to all the first time users
- Moderators: Streamers can assign the viewers as moderators to main consistency in the chatrooms.
- Timeouts and Bans: using these functions, you can temporarily or permanently remove any viewer from your channels.
How Popular Is Twitch Now?
The streaming site that was launched in 2011 initially focused on the two most common genres, i.e., games and esports. The founder, Justin Kan, never thought that this streaming service would hit almost 3.2 million users per month during the first year of its release. In the following years, it became the leading organization to provide video game streaming services in the United States. As per the recent statistics, the platform has gained over 140 million unique users per month. The biggest share of revenue is generated from video game streaming, out of which the largest number of viewers goes to the people in the United States.
Who Are the Most Popular Streamers?
It is home to so many streamers who have a lot in common. There are so many streamers who not only live-stream for fun but also have taken up live-streaming as a full-time job. According to the latest statistics, popular streamers are Ninja, TFUE, and Auronplay. These streamers rose to popularity by featuring their streaming and game-playing skills.
Careers Opportunities at Twitch
If you wish to work for this diverse team and express any new ideas that are worth implementing, then you must give Twitch a try. Their community features diversity where anyone can voice their opinions and work collectively towards a single goal. You will get a chance to empower your audience and explore your potentials. Join this quest to become a part of one of the leading corporations in the world that creates a positive impact on its global community.
- To apply for a job, go to the official Careers Page given here
- Click on the Job Opening button
- You can either browse for jobs or type in the details such as Title, Department, Offices, etc.
- Once you find your pick, click on it and read the description
- Click on Apply Now
- On a new page, you can either apply with LinkedIn or fill in the details manually
- Once all that is done, click on Submit Application
Perks and Benefits for Employees
The company’s target towards building a better system is to keep up with the employee’s needs by providing them the means to become a better version of themselves. To empower and motivate the employees to build better relationships with the customers and among themselves, The platform brings forward many perks and benefits. They are as follows:
- 401K retirement plan
- Access to medical health such as mental, dental, vision and disability
- Maternity leaves
- Flexible work timings
- Free snacks and beverages along with meal plans
- Health and fitness programs
Contact Customer Support Services
If you have any questions related to your account, payment information, or any other requests, then you can contact the customer support team through the email service. Unfortunately, this site does not have any phone number that you can call for assistance. You can email them using their Contact Us page. You can follow them on Twitch.tv Twitter and Facebook handle for any latest updates.
This live-streaming platform has brought along million people from all over the world. The majority of them are gamers. If you are someone who is into games, then you must give this live-streaming platform a try. Twitch does not cease to impress every new account that joins its community by providing a horizon of streaming options. Even if you are not into gaming, you can still use this platform for different niches such as music, sports, podcasts, travel vlogs, etc. Now that you have come this far, you can see that there is a lot to discover on this portal once you create an account.
With this ultimate guide, you can give this company a shot and stay up to date with the latest news and updates. If you end up liking this site, then don’t forget to invite others to join. So, what’s your final verdict? Make sure to let us know…
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ’s)
If you cannot gain access to your account, then you must try to reset your password and then try re-log into the account.
You can cancel a subscription 24 hours before it gets renewed. Once renewed, you have less possibility to ask for refunds.
Yes, you can subscribe to any other subscription tier anytime. But remember that the payment of the new tier will be charged to your account. You will not receive any refund for the previous tier.
- 1 What is Twitch TV?
- 1.1 The Primary Features That You Need to Know
- 1.2 How to Create an Account?
- 1.3 What Are Bits and Subscriptions and How Are They Helpful in the Twitch Community?
- 1.4 Follow and Subscribe to Channels on This Streaming Website
- 1.5 Twitch Prime Membership
- 1.6 How to Use the platform to Create a Live Stream?
- 1.7 What Is Moderation and Why Do You Need It?
- 1.8 How Popular Is Twitch Now?
- 1.9 Careers Opportunities at Twitch
- 1.10 Contact Customer Support Services
- 1.11 Conclusion
- 2 Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ’s)