The email service is the greatest gift to humanity. It is hard to think of those days when there were no electronic mailing services and everything was done manually. With mailing services like AOL, Prodigy, and Yahoo, the world became a better place. Yahoo Mail(www.yahoo.com) was among the most popularly used mailing service across the world. Yahoo Mail gave us access to the latest news, the ability to manage emails, themes, and much more. In this article, we will look into the Yahoo Mail Login process.
What is the fact check site and why do you need to use it. Take a look at our complete guide to using the Fact check website.
Yahoo Mail Login
Ever since the official launch of the internet in 1983, emailing services had gained popularity with the release of service provides such as AOL and CompuServe. These services also provided access to electronic mails. Yahoo(www.yahoo.com) was launched a few years later, i.e, in 1994 and soon gained popularity among people. Yahoo provided a web interface with the ability to send and receive emails.
With Yahoo Mail, the users created accounts using any domain names, such as @yahoo.com or @ymail.in. Currently, the platform allows only the @yahoo.com domain name. The new version of Yahoo Mail was launched in 2007 which included 21 languages with unlimited messaging services and threat protection.
Yahoo Mail Login Guides
The guides mentioned below include all information about the Yahoo email login and registration procedure.
Yahoo Mail Registration
There are two ways through which the user can register an account on Yahoo. The users can create an account using the sign-Up option, which is a way to create a Yahoo account from scratch, or use the Google Accounts option.
Yahoo Mail Registration: Sign Up Process
- Visit the Yahoo Mail Login official site form the link given here
- Click on the option called Create an Account
- Enter all the required details such as First Name, Last Name, Email ID, Password etc.
- After entering the details, click on the Verify button
- A verification code will be sent to your phone that you need to enter on the portal
- If you did not receive any verification code, then you press on the resend option
- Click on Verify
- Once the code is verified, your account on Yahoo Mail is created
Yahoo Mail Registration: Google Accounts
- Click on the official Yahoo Mail Login Page
- You can see an option called Continue With Google, click this option
- On the next page, enter the email and password of your Google Account
- Click on Next
- The portal prompt for your Full Name and Date of Birth
- After entering the details, click on Next
- The Yahoo Mail account registration with Google Account is complete
Yahoo Mail Login
- To log in to Yahoo Mail using the general method, simply click on the Yahoo Mail login link
- Enter the Username that is associated to the Yahoo account
- Click on Next
- Enter the Password
- Click on Next
- You are now signed in to Yahoo Mail
Yahoo Mail Login Using Google Accounts
If you have used Google Account to sign up on Yahoo Mail, then the procedure to log in to Yahoo Mail using Google is as follows:
- Click on the official Yahoo Mail Login Page
- Click on continue With Google
- Enter the username and password
- Click on Next
- You are signed in to Yahoo Mail
Forgot Yahoo Mail Login Password
If you forgot your Yahoo Mail Login password, then there is a way to reset the forgotten password. Here’s how to do it:
- Click on the Yahoo Mail Login Help Center
- Enter the Username and click on Next
- On the next page, click on the Forgot Password option
- You will be asked to click on any verification process of your choice: Phone, Gmail or Email
- If you select the Phone option, you will receive a verification code on your phone
- If you select Gmail, the verification code and the steps to create a new password will be shared to your Gmail account
- After entering the code on Yahoo Mail, follow the series of steps given to you to create a new password
Yahoo Mail Login App
Yahoo Mail App is similar to the Yahoo Mail web interface. The Yahoo Mail app is designed for smartphones for quick and easy access. Here’s a link to download the Yahoo Mail App for Android and iPhones/iPads. The users can also use the Yahoo Mail App to register an account using either the sign-up process or Google Account process. You can check out the information given above to create an account on Yahoo using the app.
As mentioned earlier, the new Yahoo Mail comes with 21 languages that can be personalized according to the user’s needs. Here’s how you can do so using the web interface or the Yahoo Mail Login App:
- Click on Yahoo Mail Login and sign in to the platform
- Click on your account name in the top-right
- Go to Account Info option
- You can see an option called Preferences
- Click on it and you can see the Language option
- Make necessary changes
- Save the changes and exit
If you are using the web interface and wish to enable the notifications whenever you are using the system, then follow these steps:
- Go to the official Yahoo Mail Login and sign in with your credentials
- Click on the Account Settings option
- You can see an option called More Settings
- Tap on Notifications
- Click on the Enable Desktop Notifications icon
What are Microsoft movies and tv? Have you ever even heard of them? Well, all you need to do is saunter on over to our article on this topic.
Why Is Yahoo Mail Popular?
After the initial launch of Yahoo Mail, the customer base was around 250 million. As per the recent reports, Yahoo Mail has 225 million customers that use the platform every month. The new version of Yahoo Mail is popular because of the following reasons:
The structure of Yahoo Mail has changed over the years. Developers have redesigned the basic structure of the platform in a way that lets the users personalize their accounts. The users can select any themes and also modify the layout of their inboxes. The users can make changes to fonts, message boxes, contacts, and much more.
Events and Calendar
A calendar is used to set up a reminder for any upcoming events. Make use of this calendar for any events and also set reminders. Reminders are very useful that notifies you about the upcoming schedules. To use the calendar, mention all the details of the events beforehand using the date, place, invitees, and description.
Integrate Calendar Services
Yahoo also lets the users integrate other calendars into the Yahoo Mail. This feature is useful as you don’t have to re-enter the details on every email client that you keep using. Simply integrate all the details from other email services and post them in Yahoo Mail for easy access.
Yahoo Mail Login Services
The email services include:
- Unlimited Email Access: You can send unlimited emails along with attachments to any contact in your list
- Searching for Emails: Use the search option to search for any contact instead of parsing through the entire list of contacts
- Block Spammer: If you constantly keep receiving mails from spammers, simply use the block option to get rid of them
- Threat Protection: Yahoo Mail also incorporates protection against threats and viruses for a secured email transaction
- Add Contacts: You can add as many contacts as you want in the contact list. The option to integrate contacts from other email clients can also be used.
- Weather Forecast: Use the weather Forecast to know about the current weather
- Dropbox Linking: Yahoo also has the option to link the Dropbox to the Yahoo Mail for easy access. You can add any pictures to the Dropbox with this feature.
- Adding Signatures: Make use of this option to add your signatures to the emails
- Desktop Notifications: Enable the desktop notifications to know what emails you receive. This feature keeps you updated
- Multiple Languages: Yahoo has many languages to choose from. Simply go to the Setting tab and click on the language of your choice.
Additional Features of Yahoo Mail
Apart from the regular features mentioned above, Yahoo Mail also incorporates additional features. These features were designed to make the best use of the platform. So here are a few features that many of us probably haven’t heard of:
Apart from Yahoo Mail, if you have other email accounts, then you can import your contact list from those accounts to Yahoo. For example, you can import the contact details from Gmail/Outlook or you can import your friend’s list from Facebook. This feature makes adding contacts easier, as you don’t have to repeatedly add every contact one by one in Yahoo.
The Yahoo Mail also includes Yahoo Groups that people can join. A Yahoo Group is a group of people who share the same interests. For example, Yahoo Answers, Yahoo Shopping, etc. Yahoo also includes the latest news from around the world.
Yahoo integrates all the emails related to traveling and reservations in a section called Travel. These emails are very important for those who are constantly traveling. To not lose track of such important travel emails, the Travel section was built.
Grocery and General Deals
The grocery section will display all the latest grocery deals. The users can also add any grocery store membership to this section. The General Deals or simply “Deals” is a separate section that includes all general deals and offers that you can make use of.
You can organize contacts with this mailing service. Yahoo Mail also lets you organize all the information that you share with a contact. There is a section that is dedicated to all the Photos and Documents that are exchanged among contacts. You can organize the information exchanged and also sort the contact list as per your wish.
History of Yahoo Mail
Yahoo! initially called the “Jerry and David’s Guide to World Wide Web” was discovered in 1994 by Stanford University graduates Jerry Yang and David Filo. This site was just a collection of websites that Jerry and David used often. As popularity gained, the site was renamed Yahoo!
Have you ever wondered what could Yahoo! possibly mean? It’s an acronym for Yet Another Hierarchical Officious Oracle. Yahoo was the first of its kind that featured news from around the world, sports updates, and also financial management articles. Later on, Yahoo managed to implement various email services along with creating a local directory for cities.
In the following years, Yahoo faced a lot of criticism for account thefts, phishing attacks, and violating security measures. This led to billions of users losing their email accounts. In 2016, Yahoo was acquired by Verizon Communications for just $4 billion.
Yahoo! Owned Services
Apart from Yahoo Mail, Yahoo! also owns a few sites and services such as
- Yahoo Movies(Award shows and Movie guides)
- Yahoo News
- Yahoo Shopping
- Yahoo Finance
- Rivals.com (websites featuring college football and basketball recruitments)
- Yahoo Auctions(discontinued in other parts of the world but still running in Asia)
Yahoo Mail Login Review
Here’s a brief review of Yahoo Mail in terms of all the positive and negative traits that come with this mailing service. This review is not only based on the customer reviews who have used the platform, but also our personal opinion as to what we think of this service.
Although not many people use Yahoo Mail now, the ones who are dedicated users of Yahoo Mail have a few great things to say about it. Yahoo has made a few modifications to make its user interface more interactive and eye-catchy. So here are a few great things to make use of:
Yahoo Mail has abundant storage capacity when compared to other mailing services such as Gmail. For Google accounts, you get 15 GB of storage capacity. You need to purchase a Google membership for extra storage. With Yahoo, you don’t even need to make any payments for extra storage. You can send unlimited emails with as many attachments as you wish to any contact.
Using the Yahoo Calendar, the customers can keep track of their deadlines and organize upcoming events, and also set up reminders. Yahoo also includes the option to transfer the reminders and calendar events from other email services. Avoid rework with the Transfer Calendar Events feature.
Virus and Threat Protection
Yahoo scans all the received emails for any virus and notifies the users about it. This feature ensures safety and secures the user’s information from leaking. Emails that include virus or any other form of threat is instantly blocked. The user can also block spammers.
With Yahoo, the users can personalize their accounts based on their favorite themes. They can also manage the structure of the inbox and the messages. Personalize your email with any colors, fonts, styles, and themes. You can also add signatures to the email.
Yahoo is a free service provider. What makes it free, you might ask? It’s the ads. The most annoying aspect of using Yahoo Mail is the ads that keep popping up. Well, Yahoo generates half of its revenue from these ads, so it’s not their fault that you use the free email service. Yahoo also has a paid mail service.
Yahoo does its best to filter all the possibly dangerous emails, but this feature may not work for everyone. Sometimes, Yahoo cannot detect the virus in the emails that you receive, which creates problems for few users.
Taking into account all the previous controversies and lawsuits that Yahoo went through, creating a Yahoo account may not sound so pleasant. Although Yahoo has tried to make the necessary improvements in the latter years, many users are still unsure of the security it offers.
Most email clients sort the messages sent and received in a particular message thread that is easy to navigate through. Yahoo on the other hand sorts the mails based on New. This means that the messages exchanged with a particular contact do not remain in the email thread. The email is categorized as New.
How does one apply and use the chase credit card? If you ever wondered, then click on this link, we promise it leads to answers.
This article features all the Yahoo Mail Login and registration procedures to create an account on Yahoo using either the web interface or mobile application. We have also given a brief Yahoo Mail Login review featuring the positive and negative aspects.
So, what’s your take on Yahoo Mail? Is it worth giving a shot? Find out for yourself.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ’s)
Yahoo Mail Plus is a premium subscription service that provides ad-free service, unlike the regular Yahoo Mail.
Yahoo does have access to voice or video chat. You can take a look at all the features of Yahoo above.
Yahoo Answers are no longer available. The service has been discontinued in May 2021.
- 1 Yahoo Mail Login
- 1.1 Yahoo Mail Login Guides
- 1.2 Yahoo Mail Login App
- 1.3 Additional Guides
- 1.4 Why Is Yahoo Mail Popular?
- 1.5 Additional Features of Yahoo Mail
- 1.6 History of Yahoo Mail
- 1.7 Yahoo! Owned Services
- 1.8 Yahoo Mail Login Review
- 1.9 Conclusion
- 2 Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ’s)